Monday, January 28, 2008

Today is my 5th day in the hospital. The contractions are under control and I was given 2 steroid shots to help develop the babies' lungs. We are still hoping to make it another 8 weeks but if not, we are reassured that the babies have received the steroids. I will be on procardia for the duration of the pregnancy to help control the contractions. I have been told that I can only get up to go to the bathroom and shower. The hospital is obviously boring but it is not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I have caught up on all of the cheesy reality TV shows and love watching all of the daytime court shows. I am on the 3rd Harry Potter book and spend a lot of time online too. Kevin has been fabulous (of course). He brings me good food and things to keep my mind off of being in bed all day. Also, if you are looking to pass some time just give McKenna a call. I called her last night and she spent about 10 minutes telling me all of the letters and numbers she had written in her notebook over about the last month or so. She also has a nice list of names going for the babies, including some that she has made up on her own.


I will have to ask Kevin to bring a camera in here - I swear I am getting bigger by the hour. Babies are moving around a lot - I think they are practicing the flex offense and free throws based on what I am feeling.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patty, Glad to hear all is well. By all means hae Kevin bring the camera I miss seeing you and the babies growing every day. Stay well and happy. cb

Anonymous said...

P..never fails when I don't proof I have a type-o ... missed the v

Anonymous said...

Hi Patty,
Love hearing the updates on your blog. Glad you're doing well and are just taking it easy now. I can't believe what a "blogging" family we have now, it's such a great way to keep in touch.
take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Patty - McKenna added 3 more names to the list last night. Lareese, Joyce and Stanley. Aunt Mary was there to verify the list as well. Where does McKenna come up with these names?

scamps said...

SHOOT! Lareese was the name Scott and I had picked out for when we try for baby #5! Well forget it. We won't even try now. Thanks a lot McKenna.

Richette said...

Hi Patty,

We are so happy and relieved that everything is well! We had no word on you so I jumped on here to get an update! This is great! Are you staying in the hospital the whole time or are you home? Let us know wse are rooting for you!

Richette and Gert

Anonymous said...

Is it true that the entire Nurse's station is now hooked on Rock of Love and Guitar Hero????? :)