Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fevers and boogies and coughs, oh my!

It has been a rough couple of weeks in our house. All of the Becklets have been sick and we are just starting to feel better. They still look a little under the weather in the picture above from this morning. It started with Kathryn followed by Daniel and finally Anna. All 3 had fevers first. Luckily, we are able to give them infant motrin now so that seemed to work really well for them. The fevers are now gone, but the boogies are in full force and the coughing is hard to listen to. I wish there was more we could do for the coughs, but we are limited to humidifier, saline drops and baby vicks. Today seems to be a much better day than the last few so we are, hopefully, on the road to recovery.

The colds have put a damper on sleeping thru the night...well, really a damper on sleep in general. Nobody has gotten enough sleep in a few days. Naps are short and the nights are a lot of coughing and crying and just not being able to get comfortable. Sunday night was so bad, Kevin stayed home from work on Monday so that he could help. We were each able to take a little nap which helped prepare us for last night. Last night was better so we are hoping tonight will be even better.

The colds have also affected some appetites so we have not had much solids lately. I tried to make our own baby oatmeal but I just couldn't get it to a consistency that they liked so I gave up on that. I am hoping to make a lot of baby food early next week to freeze because we only have a few containers of squash left in the freezer.

Aunt Chrissy, McKenna and Hope came to visit over the weekend and they were a huge help! It is always nice to have some extra hands around to hold, change and feed babies. Hope was so cute because she kept running to the bathroom to wash her hands and then would run out to the Purell and announce to all of us that she was ready to hold one of the babies. McKenna is growing up so nicely. She is such a help in feeding and playing with the babies.

Here are some recent pictures....

Kathryn says, "Thank you for the delicious vegetables. They were yummy!"


Anna says, "What did you call this thing again? A spoon? Is this how you use it? Piece of cake!"


Daniel says, "What? I wasn't supposed to put the veggies on my face like this? Geez, now you tell me!"


Daniel chillin' in his exersaucer....


Kathryn blowing raspberries...


Anna having a blast in her exersaucer...


Sisters hanging out on the floor together...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to have an update on our favorite triplets!!!! Glad they're feeling a little better, poor kids :o(
Take care...

Unknown said...

Awww. Poor babies. And poor Mommy & Daddy. How awful!!!!! Hope everyone gets well soon. The pictures are great! I loved seeing them holding things! They are such cuties!!!!!!

Love to all,
Aunt Ellie & Nana

Jessica said...

I love the new pictures and the new festive background! Your babies are TOO cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the new format.......Can you change the font color??? It's coming up yellow for me and I just can't read it?!!
Thanks........

Oh yeah....they just keep getting cuter!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what "anonymous" said about the font color. I'm having the same issue. But the site is lovely!

The Becklets said...

Thanks! I wasn't sold on the font color either.

Patty

Lissa said...

Hello Becklets!! I hope that you're all feeling better by now..I love to check in every now and then to see how you are doing...other than your colds..you seem to be thriving! It seems as though my own "preemies" were as small as you once..now they're 3 1/2! It's so nice to see another Mommy having just as much fun with her kiddos!