We have so much to be thankful for this year and we are really looking forward to Thanksgiving this week. Kevin and I are hosting the Beck family for Thanksgiving which is a lot of people...Kevin is one of nine children, there are 12 grandchildren and possibly a visit from Moose, the Becklets dog cousin. Daniel, Anna and Kathryn are trying to figure out what is going on with all of the cleaning and the extra table in the dining room. They are going to love having everyone here.
Everyone is doing great and growing so fast. Daniel is so tall and skinny, he can still wear his 18 month pants, although we are noticing that they are getting a little short. The girls are really working hard on their talking. They can each say done, up, down, cookie, and have mastered the sounds of a cow, sheep, duck and dog. They also know each other by name, although they prefer to call each other sissy and Daniel is Dan-Dan. Daniel talks all day long but we have no idea what he is saying yet. He will do the animal sounds with the girls but is a little behind them with the words. I'm sure once he starts taking, he will not stop.
They are also really into reading books these days. They each have their favorites and even though we have probably 100+ books, we seem to read the same 3 or 4 over and over again. Yesterday, I read Daniel's favorite, "Spot's Easter Surprise," at least 10 times in about an hour. He also loves his "Big Truck Book," which I found at a yard sale for 50 cents. It is really a picture book of all kinds of trucks. He will sit with Kevin for hours and just look at the pictures while Kevin tells him about all of the trucks. I definitely got my 50 cents worth out of that book.
In baby news....we are so excited that the Becklets will have a baby brother in February! They don't really understand yet, but if you ask them where their baby brother is, they will lift up my shirt and kiss my belly. It is so cute! We have a scheduled birthday of Thursday, February 4th. We have not picked out a name for the baby yet. Kevin is in charge of the name and does not even want to discuss it until he sees the baby. So, no news on a name yet. I feel really good although I failed my 1 hour glucose tolerance test and had to take the 3 hour test so I am waiting for the results of that to make sure that I don't have gestational diabetes. Other than that, we are hoping for smooth sailing until 2/4/10.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'll try to post pics from Thanksgiving next weekend.
Daniel was a lion for Halloween...
Anna was a chicken.....(I laughed for about 20 minutes when we first got her dressed.)
Kathryn was a dalmation....It was so hard to get good pictures of them.
Don't ask me how it happened, but a Dallas Cowboys fan married a Philadelphia Eagles fan so we had to compromise on the jerseys. The girls got Eagles jerseys and Daniel got a Cowboys jersey (just like Daddy's jersey.)
Their new favorite spot to sit....at the island. Daniel can climb onto the chair himself in about 3 seconds.
Not sure what the fascination is with the dish washer. If only they knew how to load and unload the dishes!
Anna asking, "what is this you are making me eat???"

4 comments:
Ooooohhh!!!! Goody! New pictures!!!!!! My, how they are growing!!!!!! Just had heard this morning about the new baby boy being scheduled for February 4!!!!! How exciting for everyone - especially since Daniel won't be overwhelmed with all sisters!!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!! We'll be there in spirit! Nana will have a turkey wing and I'll have some white and dark meat, please! ;-)
Have fun! Stay well!
Love to all,
Aunt Ellie & Nana
Those costumes crack me up! I agree with you on the chicken one--fun stuff!!
28 weeks looks great on you!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! You look so good Patty! It was nice to see you in the lab. Love the costumes, they made me laugh too!!!! Hoping this pregnancy is trating you better, and can't wait to meet the new baby!!!
I know it's been forever, but I just checked out your blog. You and the kids look great! (They look so grown up!) Happy new year!
Post a Comment